of Vaughan Kids Daycare
For the purposes of this policy, “personal information” is defined as any identifiable information about the children in our care and their families, such as contact details, health information, living arrangements, background information, the child’s personal characteristics and behaviour styles.
Why do we collect personal information?
When enrolling your child/children in our child care program(s), as the parent or legal guardian, you are asked to provide certain pieces of information in order for us to provide you and your child/children with the best possible service. In addition to your contact details and the names and contact information of your family members, your child’s file may include the following information about your child:
- Living arrangements (parental status)
- Health information and special needs (including any allergies)
- Personal characteristics, skills and behavioural information
- Incidents about the child as recorded by our staff
Personal information is only collected for the following purposes:
- To identify the children in our care and their families
- To monitor the health and well-being of the children in our care
- To monitor developmental levels, skill acquisition and special needs of the children in our care.
- To establish a culturally sensitive and developmentally appropriate program for the children in our care
- To understand the desires, concerns and opinions of the children in our care and their families
- To establish and maintain good relationships with the children in our care and their families
- To provide the responsible child care services expected of a licensed child care program to the children in our care and their families
- To manage and enhance our business and operations; and to meet legal and regulatory requirements, such as those contained in the Day Nurseries Act and its associated Regulations